We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat personal information we collect from you through the website, or through such Hardcompany plugins and services as we might make available to you from time to time.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
● information about your visits to and use of this website;
● information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services or those of third parties which are made available through our website or services;
● information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications;
and any other content you submit to us via the website or our services (collectively, “Your Content”), such as comments, enquiries, marketing preferences, and other information concerning your use of the website or our services.
2. Information about website visits
● We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website´s usability, and for marketing purposes.
● Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
This processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services.
3. Using your personal data
● process your orders, register and administer your user account, and enable you to login and use the website and our services (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
● if you purchase a third party’s product through our website or service, we may disclose your name and/or email address to that third party if such disclosure is required in order to allow you to obtain and use a licence key for that product from that third party (this processing is undertaken on the legal basis that it is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you);
● improve your browsing experience by personalising the website (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services);
● send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology (this processing is undertaken either where necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you, or in pursuit of our legitimate interest in helping you to make the best use of our products and services);
● send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com) (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services); and
● to generally run and improve the website and our services (this processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interest in improving our products and services).
We may also process your personal data for the following purposes:
Moderation and public information
In connection with user posting, commenting and reviewing or similar functionality (where this functionality is made available), certain of Your Content may be shared with other users or become publicly available. You may be able to select, in some cases, specific recipients (for example, if you are posting a comment to a particular group only) and then only those recipients will receive it, however, in all other cases, the information may be made publically available.
To respond to your enquiries and requests for support
As part of this we may also share Your Content with suppliers who may assist us with managing support queries.
For the above purposes, processing is carried out so we can perform our contractual obligations (being our terms with you) and in pursuit of our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests to respond to your queries and requests for support.
To prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
To help us to improve the service and fix problems
We may process Your Content so we can analyse and improve our services, and also for us to develop new services. As part of this we may also share this information with suppliers who may assist us.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests of: (i) ensuring our services function properly so you and other users have the best experience; (ii) improving the quality of our services, and providing a better experience to our users; and (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs or problems with the service.
To help us to understand your usage of the Online Services
We may process Your Content to understand how users use our services, and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity, as well as understanding how users access content in our services (including what users are searching for, what they download and audition, what they store in the Hardcompany repository, and how they tag their sounds). This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests, being our commercial interests in continually improving the services, understanding and fixing problems (such as when users may be unable to easily access or enjoy content) and to improve our future products and services.
To keep you up to date
Where you have consented, or where it is otherwise lawful to do so, we may use Your Content to send you emails in order to keep you informed of news and products. You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know by email.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Cookies, Beacons and Tracking
Our website uses ‘cookies’ and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer and mobile device by software that you install. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google or providers of advertising services.
To log you into our website and service and keep you logged in (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration (as necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to you).
To help us understand how you use our website and services, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users.
To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services.
In each case, in pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our products and services.
We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ use of the website. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the website to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies, but parts of the website may not work properly.
5. Other disclosures
● to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
● in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
● in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
● if we buy or sell, or are negotiating the purchase or sale, of any business or assets, in which case your personal information may be shared with the purchaser or seller for that purpose (such processing is undertaken in pursuit of our legitimate interests in dealing in the purchase or sale of such business or assets).
We may anonymise information about you (so that you cannot be identified from it by third parties) and provide that information to third parties for the purposes of marketing analysis or to market the website or our services (for example, by letting our business partners know that 50 male individuals from a particular country viewed their product during a particular time period).
6. International data transfers
Where your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA to a territory not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we have agreements in place with the relevant parties which include either (i) standard data protection clauses adopted by the relevant data protection regulator and approved by the European Commission or (ii) standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, to ensure that appropriate safeguards are used to protect your personal data. Alternatively, we may put in place other appropriate safeguards. If you require more information about these safeguards, you can contact us.
7. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential. We will not ask you for your passwords.
8. Data retention
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, we do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary.
We do not knowingly solicit information from, or market to, children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email.
10. Policy amendments
11. Your rights
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out below. We aim to comply with requests (which may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) without undue delay and within one month at the latest.
Ask for a copy of personal data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected or request erasure
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts, to the extent required by law, to comply with any request to supply, correct or delete personal data held about you on our files (and request that any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to do the same).
Object to us processing personal data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing or delete your personal data if:
● you consented to our processing the personal data and have withdrawn that consent;
● we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
● we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of ours or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
● the personal data was unlawfully processed;
● you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations; and/or
● the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
You may be able to delete your accounts by following the instructions in your account settings, where applicable. You can also request account deletion by email.
Obtain a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
● If (i) we are processing data in order to perform our contractual obligations to you or because you consented and (ii) that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
● If you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
● If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via our support services or by email.
12. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
13. Financial Information
The website does not store your credit card and payment details on our server. The website retains details of your purchases and purchased products in your profile, but no sensitive details relating to your payment methods are stored or handled by Hardcompany.